1 Million EVs On World Roads
The folks over at Hybridcars.com are estimating that there are now one million electric-drive cars on the roads of the world, crossing the milestone back in August of this year. These include fully electric and plug-in (electric) hybrid models.
The top sellers are:
- Nissan LEAF (approx 200,000)
- Chevrolet Volt (approx 100,000)
- Tesla Model S (approx 85,000)
- Toyota Prius PHV (approx 74,000)
- Mitsubishi Outland PHV (approx 70,000)
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV (approx 50,000)
- BYD Qin (approx 39,000)
- BMW i3 (approx 30,000)
- Renault Zoe (approx 30,000)
- Ford Fusion Energi (approx 24,000)
They further report that top five countries for plug-in vehicle sales are the United States, China, Japan, Norway and Netherlands.
|<< PREVIOUS||NEXT >>|
blog comments powered by Disqus