Sanyo, Nippon Oil Partner on Residential Fuel Cell Venture

Sanyo Tokyo Manufacturing will produce the residential fuel cells, with Nippon Oil handling sales to customers.

Published: 01-Dec-2007

Moriguchi, Japan-based Sanyo Electric (OTC: SANYY) and Tokyo's Nippon Oil said today they would set up a joint venture to develop residential fuel cells.

Nippon Oil will take an 81 percent stake in the new venture, which will be capitalized with 100 million yen, or $908,100. The remaining 19 percent of the venture will be held by Sanyo.

"Having collaborated closely in the past with Nippon Oil, a major player in the industry, on developing the world's first home-use fuel cell system employing liquefied petroleum gas, we are proud to have this new opportunity to work even closer with them on the establishment of this new joint venture," said Tadao Shimada, Sr. VP at Sanyo.

<< PREVIOUSNEXT >>
RELATED NEWS ITEMS

The Fhybrid has a top speed of 65 km/ph, accelerates faster than regular scooters and can travel approximately 200 km on a full tank of hydrogen.

Three shuttle buses – featuring internal combustion engines that produce nearly zero emissions – will replace gasoline-powered buses used by the Senate of Canada in Ottawa.

Hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles present an attractive option for troops as they are quieter than conventional internal combustion engines and produce less heat, and may also be used as a platform for powering weapons.

READER COMMENTS

blog comments powered by Disqus